Everyone deserves a safe workplace. Part of the solution involves knowing the risks, so they can be avoided.
What are the top hazards that lead to the largest number of young worker injuries?
- Lifting objects — overexertion causing sprains, strains, tears
- Working on elevated levels — sprains, strains, tears, and fractures
- Working with knives — cuts and lacerations
- Working with hot substances/objects — burns
- Using mobile equipment or motor vehicles — sprains, strains, tears, and fractures
- Working with food slicers — cuts and lacerations
- Working near running equipment or machinery — cuts, lacerations, and fractures