It’s your responsibility to keep your young workers safe at work – so know the regulation, and talk to your staff about safety in the workplace.
What should my employees expect of me?
It’s your responsibility to create a safe and healthy work environment for your workers, including:
- Providing your workers with thorough on-the-job training and orientation
- Making sure everyone has proper supervision to do their job safely
- Creating an environment where workers can ask questions and raise any safety concerns
- Correcting unsafe conditions promptly
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) as soon as it’s needed — and demonstrate how to use it properly
- Investigating and reporting all incidents to WorkSafeBC